- Alfred M. Kriman on Artemis a Model for Widows?
- Mark Charteris on A Strange Ambiguity in Horace’s Torquatus Ode (4.7)
- Toph Marshall on What Kind of Rope Makes the Best Gift? Martial 4.70.1
- Toph Marshall on Making Change for a Tripod
- Michael Hendry on What is the First Poem in Martial, Book I?
Monthly Archives: February 2005
The subject of ancient shipwrecks just came up on the Classics list, and I promised to make a PDF version of a pertinent paper I wrote. It’s actually more philological than historical, and defends the transmitted ripas in Horace, Odes … Continue reading
I promised these to a reader. They are handouts I’ve used in various Latin classes to introduce second-year students to meter, beginning with Ovid and Martial, and continuing with Horace. I kept them down to two pages each, so they … Continue reading
It looks like the transfer of this site and domain to their new host (Hosting Matters) is complete. Welcome again to anyone who got here by using the domain name rather than the complete numerical address (http://18.104.22.168/~curculio). If you have … Continue reading