- John Cowan on Curculio 4: A Sly Joke in The Alchemist?
- Jesús on Curculio 3: “Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice . . .”
- Christopher S. Mackay on Faustian Latin VIII – Faustus’ Oath
- Michael Hendry on Faustian Latin VII – some bits I missed, one of them not Latin
- Graham Asher on Faustian Latin VII – some bits I missed, one of them not Latin
Monthly Archives: May 2011
My local movie theater has been serving delicious hors d’oeuvres (from this restaurant) at their showings of the Metropolitan Opera HD simulcasts. What should they have served for Richard Strauss’ last opera on April 23rd? Carpaccio, of course.
The professor is nothing if not a maker of card-indexes; he must classify or be damned. (H. L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series , XVII. “George Jean Nathan”)