- Alfred M. Kriman on Artemis a Model for Widows?
- Mark Charteris on A Strange Ambiguity in Horace’s Torquatus Ode (4.7)
- Toph Marshall on What Kind of Rope Makes the Best Gift? Martial 4.70.1
- Toph Marshall on Making Change for a Tripod
- Michael Hendry on What is the First Poem in Martial, Book I?
Monthly Archives: June 2008
One of three rivals in love, from a Brazilian novel set in the 1850s: (Note: the aunt and the baroness are one and the same.) He was a young man of about twenty-five or twenty-six. His name was Jorge. He … Continue reading
When I see the subject-line “How to handle wild babies?”, I can’t help thinking of feral infants: an interesting concept for a horror movie, if it hasn’t already been done. (I’m not much interested in horror movies, so I wouldn’t … Continue reading
He sido para mí, discípulo y maestro. Y he sido un buen discípulo, pero un mal maestro. I have been my own disciple and my own master. And I have been a good disciple but a bad master. (Antonio Porchia, … Continue reading
Seen on a new or nearly new Saab 9-3 convertible: SNAAB Too bad the car was an unattractive shade of green, because the pun is excellent.