- Alfred M. Kriman on Artemis a Model for Widows?
- Mark Charteris on A Strange Ambiguity in Horace’s Torquatus Ode (4.7)
- Toph Marshall on What Kind of Rope Makes the Best Gift? Martial 4.70.1
- Toph Marshall on Making Change for a Tripod
- Michael Hendry on What is the First Poem in Martial, Book I?
Monthly Archives: May 2009
The Gramophone has put much (all?) of their archives on-line, but the texts have been OCR’d, and the results are as one would expect: often erroneous and sometimes unintelligible. My favorite typo so far is from the review of one … Continue reading
Absinthe, of course, which recently appeared at the state liquor store down the hill. They have four different brands, all priced from $42.95 to $59.95, so I need to do a bit of research before trying one out. Not to … Continue reading
I know very little about meteorology, but tomorrow’s National Weather Service forecast for my town includes what must be a quite unusual combination: “Patchy frost / Hi: 70o F”.
InstaPundit writes that if Obama takes Nick Gillespie’s advice to legalize and tax drugs, gambling, and prostitution, “it’ll be your patriotic duty to smoke dope and sleep with hookers”. My knowledge of hookers is purely theoretical, but surely if you’re … Continue reading