- Alfred M. Kriman on Artemis a Model for Widows?
- Mark Charteris on A Strange Ambiguity in Horace’s Torquatus Ode (4.7)
- Toph Marshall on What Kind of Rope Makes the Best Gift? Martial 4.70.1
- Toph Marshall on Making Change for a Tripod
- Michael Hendry on What is the First Poem in Martial, Book I?
Monthly Archives: January 2008
A month ago I posted about Liver Pudding, a Carolina delicacy whose very name makes me shudder. Last week, Ann Althouse reminded us that her readers once paid her $200 to eat something she has always despised, an egg salad … Continue reading
Although I haven’t posted much lately, I have been hard at work ‘behind the scenes’ on several projects. Here are the first two: I. I continue to add to my collection of critical texts on the web, and have just … Continue reading
Over the last month or so, I have added quite a few Classics titles to the list of Books for Sale (link in left-hand column), including several that are, so far as I can determine, not available elsewhere either new … Continue reading