- Toph Marshall on What Kind of Rope Makes the Best Gift? Martial 4.70.1
- Toph Marshall on Making Change for a Tripod
- Michael Hendry on What is the First Poem in Martial, Book I?
- Michael Hendry on Books For Sale
- Gene O'Grady on Books For Sale
Category Archives: Curculio: Greek
Back to finishing up some long-unfinished papers in my files, I’ve just uploaded a page on two passages of the Theognidea (PDF here).
Here is the third and last of the Pindarica that have been lying half-finished in my files for many years. The PDF is here.
Here’s another Pindaricum: there will be one more tomorrow on his most twisted poem, and the I will be all Pindared out for the foreseeable future. The PDF is here.
Here’s a paper on a Greek topic, for a change, my first Pindaricum. The PDF is here.
Today’s paper is on a Greek topic for a change (hmm: just noticed that’s a pun): ‘Making Change for a Tripod: A Footnote on Homeric Economics (Iliad 23.736-37)’. The PDF is here.
(Note: I hope someone will let me know if the Greek comes out wrong, and if so what browser and operating system were in use. On my screen, it looks fine except that acute accents not combined with breathings are … Continue reading