- John Cowan on Curculio 4: A Sly Joke in The Alchemist?
- Jesús on Curculio 3: “Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice . . .”
- Christopher S. Mackay on Faustian Latin VIII – Faustus’ Oath
- Michael Hendry on Faustian Latin VII – some bits I missed, one of them not Latin
- Graham Asher on Faustian Latin VII – some bits I missed, one of them not Latin
Monthly Archives: February 2008
I don’t believe I’ve ever seen this in manuals of rhetoric or lists of figures of speech, but these three sentences all use the same rhetorical trick: Nice we’re having weather, isn’t it? What’s a girl like you doing in … Continue reading
Randall Jarrell describes a student art exhibit at a fictional women’s college (“Benson”): The students had learned all the new ways to paint something (an old way, to them, was a way not to paint something) but thye had not … Continue reading