- John Cowan on Curculio 4: A Sly Joke in The Alchemist?
- Jesús on Curculio 3: “Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice . . .”
- Christopher S. Mackay on Faustian Latin VIII – Faustus’ Oath
- Michael Hendry on Faustian Latin VII – some bits I missed, one of them not Latin
- Graham Asher on Faustian Latin VII – some bits I missed, one of them not Latin
Monthly Archives: February 2010
This is the best thing of its kind since the Sokol hoax.
Since I wrote about the BBC Shakespeare DVDs two and a half years ago, prices have dropped on both sides of the Atlantic. You can now get the American discs for $99.99 per set, down from $149.99, but that still … Continue reading
Does a 125th birthday count as a significant anniversary? If so — also if not — today is Alban Berg’s 125th. In commemoration, I’m playing the only really tolerable pieces written by the New Vienna School, Berg’s Violin Concerto and … Continue reading
When a visiting friend’s cat stuck its head through my bedroom door at 4:00 am, it occurred to me that we could rename her ‘Snoop Catty Cat’. According to Bing, the phrase has already been used 28 times on the … Continue reading
Last year, Dr. Esquirol compiled a table of statistics concerning insanity. It reads as follows: “Driven mad by love: two men, sixty women. Driven mad by religion: six men, twenty women. Driven mad by politics: forty-eight men, three women. Driven … Continue reading