- John Cowan on Curculio 4: A Sly Joke in The Alchemist?
- Jesús on Curculio 3: “Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice . . .”
- Christopher S. Mackay on Faustian Latin VIII – Faustus’ Oath
- Michael Hendry on Faustian Latin VII – some bits I missed, one of them not Latin
- Graham Asher on Faustian Latin VII – some bits I missed, one of them not Latin
Monthly Archives: June 2010
Tim was so learned, that he could name a Horse in nine Languages; So ignorant, that he bought a Cow to ride on. (Poor Richard’s Almanack, 1750)
Proud Modern Learning despises the antient: School-men are now laught at by School-boys. (Poor Richard’s Almanack, 1758)