- Toph Marshall on Non Omnia Possumus Omnes: Martial 2.86.8
- Toph Marshall on What Kind of Rope Makes the Best Gift? Martial 4.70.1
- Toph Marshall on Making Change for a Tripod
- Michael Hendry on What is the First Poem in Martial, Book I?
- Michael Hendry on Books For Sale
Category Archives: - Quotations
One of three rivals in love, from a Brazilian novel set in the 1850s: (Note: the aunt and the baroness are one and the same.) He was a young man of about twenty-five or twenty-six. His name was Jorge. He … Continue reading
The juvenile sea squirt wanders through the sea searching for a suitable rock or hunk of coral to cling to and make its home for life. For this task, it has a rudimentary nervous system. When it finds its spot … Continue reading