- Alfred M. Kriman on Artemis a Model for Widows?
- Toph Marshall on What Kind of Rope Makes the Best Gift? Martial 4.70.1
- Toph Marshall on Making Change for a Tripod
- Michael Hendry on What is the First Poem in Martial, Book I?
- Michael Hendry on Books For Sale
Category Archives: Publications
My first venture into textual criticism of modern printed authors is now (I believe) out of embargo, so I have made a PDF and uploaded it here. If you’re not yet sure you want to click the link, the title … Continue reading
I can think of at least seven good reasons to publish original classical scholarship on my own site where anyone can read it, and only three against. In favor are these: Access: Anyone can read what I have to say. … Continue reading
The unusual length of Silius Italicus’ Punica has often caused puzzlement. Antony Augoustakis discusses the point in the first chapter of the recent Brill companion to Silius. He credits Michael von Albrecht with noting that the number of books “corresponds … Continue reading