If you’re looking for a snow shovel three days into a blizzard: Home Depot. Martin’s (our local high-end grocery chain) sold out on Friday, when the blizzard was just getting started. By Monday, Walmart had been out of snow shovels for quite some time. They suggested I try Home Depot, which had large quantities of four different models, all very reasonably priced: the cheapest was $12.95, the most expensive $22.95. I bought the $19.95 model, since it had a metal blade and the other three were all plastic. I probably should have thought about buying a snow shovel earlier, but I rent, so clearing the sidewalk is the landlord’s problem. Of course, getting my car out from under two feet of snow was my problem. I did most of that myself, with just a window scraper, but paid a couple of guys $10 to finish the job. I would show you a picture of the snow shovel I bought, but searching for ‘snow shovel’ on the Home Depot site brings up only snow blowers and snow blower accessories.
- Miguel Monteiro on Peripatetic Conjectures
- Steve Massey on New for 2017: Cedo Alteram ePrompter
- Stephen Hill on Plain and Simple: Marcus Argentarius IV G-P (A.P. 5.89)
- David Bauwens on Plain and Simple: Marcus Argentarius IV G-P (A.P. 5.89)
- Gene O'Grady on Philogelos IV (256)