It’s too early to party, but I have uploaded the first e-fascicle of an electronic text of the complete epigrams of Martial: Book IV, with a few textual novelties, an original selection of variants and conjectures, and an apparatus criticus fuller than Shackleton Bailey’s Teubner but not so full as Lindsay’s OCT. The index file is so far only a prototype. There will be a few adjustments to Book IV, but it is 99% finished. Book I will be next, and is nearly ready. I plan to post questions here about specific possible improvements to the text and format, but comments may also be volunteered here.
- Jeremias Grau on Two More Seneca Commentaries
- aDavid Saunders on Callimachus on Heraclitus
- Alfred M. Kriman on Artemis a Model for Widows?
- Mark Charteris on A Strange Ambiguity in Horace’s Torquatus Ode (4.7)
- Toph Marshall on What Kind of Rope Makes the Best Gift? Martial 4.70.1