- Alfred M. Kriman on Artemis a Model for Widows?
- Toph Marshall on What Kind of Rope Makes the Best Gift? Martial 4.70.1
- Toph Marshall on Making Change for a Tripod
- Michael Hendry on What is the First Poem in Martial, Book I?
- Michael Hendry on Books For Sale
Daily Archives: Wednesday: December 25, 2013
Wagner has has two bits of Latin, but each raises a mildly tricky question of pronunciation: I.4.338: Qui míhi discípulus. Kwee MEE-hee diss-KIP-uh-luss. Qui is ‘who’ – relative, not interrogative – mihi is ‘to/for me’, and discipulus is ‘student, pupil’ … Continue reading