While I’m uploading old papers, I thought I should include a lecture on Lucretius I gave at the Leeds Latin Seminar in 2000. This is, after all, the traditional date of the death of Lucretius (and birth of Vergil). The title is “Lucretius’ Dedication: Why Memmius?”, and the PDF will be found here. For better or worse, I have not removed any of the characteristics of an oral presentation.
- Jeremias Grau on Two More Seneca Commentaries
- aDavid Saunders on Callimachus on Heraclitus
- Alfred M. Kriman on Artemis a Model for Widows?
- Mark Charteris on A Strange Ambiguity in Horace’s Torquatus Ode (4.7)
- Toph Marshall on What Kind of Rope Makes the Best Gift? Martial 4.70.1