I have now uploaded the fourth of my Martial papers for August 2017, titled as above. The PDF is here. This is the first to explain one of the conjectures on Book IV I uploaded with the text ten years ago (link). Better late than never.
- Alfred M. Kriman on Artemis a Model for Widows?
- Mark Charteris on A Strange Ambiguity in Horace’s Torquatus Ode (4.7)
- Toph Marshall on What Kind of Rope Makes the Best Gift? Martial 4.70.1
- Toph Marshall on Making Change for a Tripod
- Michael Hendry on What is the First Poem in Martial, Book I?