I just reserved a room at a cheap motel in West Chester, PA so I can go to the Ennius conference at the University of Pennsylvania this Friday and Saturday. I hope I can find a parking place near campus: last I heard there was a transit strike going on, which may complicate things. As part of my preparation, I’ve uploaded a PDF of my only publication on Ennius, a note that few have read since it appeared twenty years ago in the last issue (I think) of Liverpool Classical Monthly, though the basic idea seems to have spread to many who have not read it. An HTML version has been up on this site for most of the last twenty years, but I got a little carried away with the background images, and screens are much wider now, so it’s not very readable. The PDF is here, the HTML here. Even after all these years, comments are welcome. Of course, the bibliography on ancient acrostichs and even acronyms has exploded since then, and I have not attempted to update the paper.
- Miguel Monteiro on Peripatetic Conjectures
- Steve Massey on New for 2017: Cedo Alteram ePrompter
- Stephen Hill on Plain and Simple: Marcus Argentarius IV G-P (A.P. 5.89)
- David Bauwens on Plain and Simple: Marcus Argentarius IV G-P (A.P. 5.89)
- Gene O'Grady on Philogelos IV (256)