- Toph Marshall on What Kind of Rope Makes the Best Gift? Martial 4.70.1
- Toph Marshall on Making Change for a Tripod
- Michael Hendry on What is the First Poem in Martial, Book I?
- Michael Hendry on Books For Sale
- Gene O'Grady on Books For Sale
Daily Archives: Friday: December 1, 2017
One of the many memorable couplets in C. 4.7 is 19-20: cuncta manus avidas fugient heredis, amico quae dederis animo. Has anyone noted the odd change of meaning when we come to the last word? Up until then, it looks … Continue reading