Last Sunday, I inadvertently washed a SanDisc Cruzer USB drive with a load of laundry and plenty of soap. To my great surprise, it still worked after I found it rattling around in the bottom of the washing machine. I of course immediately copied everything on it to my PC, thinking that it would surely be susceptible to long-term damage, since the insides are not hermetically sealed and therefore (I thought) would be prone to rust or mildew when wet. However, it still works almost a week later. One more thing to like about modern technology: it’s a lot less fragile than a floppy disc.
- Miguel Monteiro on Peripatetic Conjectures
- Steve Massey on New for 2017: Cedo Alteram ePrompter
- Stephen Hill on Plain and Simple: Marcus Argentarius IV G-P (A.P. 5.89)
- David Bauwens on Plain and Simple: Marcus Argentarius IV G-P (A.P. 5.89)
- Gene O'Grady on Philogelos IV (256)