As some of you have noticed, I have been unable to keep up my Joke of the Day (Ioci Antiqui) feature. As a partial substitute, I have set up the last of the categories in the left-hand column: Ephemerides, with four subcategories so far. I will try to post something in at least one of the subcategories every day, hence the name. Readers can see all the Aphorisms, Epigrams, or whatever by clicking on the individual subcategory, or all of them by clicking on Ephemerides. Further subcategories may be added, including perhaps Jokes. I hope to reorder all the subject archives into categories and subcategories for easier retrieval, but this may take a while.
- Alfred M. Kriman on Artemis a Model for Widows?
- Mark Charteris on A Strange Ambiguity in Horace’s Torquatus Ode (4.7)
- Toph Marshall on What Kind of Rope Makes the Best Gift? Martial 4.70.1
- Toph Marshall on Making Change for a Tripod
- Michael Hendry on What is the First Poem in Martial, Book I?